Compensation: Negotiable, depending on experience
Employment type: Part Time 6–8 hours per week, Non-Profit Organization
Position Availability: Immediately
Sacred Land Film Project of Earth Island Institute seeks a part-time Bookkeeper.
For more information on Earth Island Institute see: www.earthisland.org, www.sacredland.org/ and www.StandingOnSacredGround.org
Earth Island Institute offices are in the David Brower Center (a LEED Platinum building that is home to many environmental organizations, located one block from Berkeley BART).
The Sacred Land Film Project of Earth Island Institute, a non-profit documentary film company, is seeking a Bookkeeper, requiring 6-8 hours of work over 2 days per week.
- Keep accurate project books using Quickbooks Advanced online
- Coordinate payments to vendors, contractors, and to credit card services
- Manage production expenses (international and domestic) when we are in film production mode (we are currently in distribution mode)
- Coordinate donor deposits and draft receipt acknowledgements
- Coordinate donor gifts
- Draft and coordinate contracts for contractors
- Reconcile accounts monthly
- Oversee finances for several grants in collaboration with Project Director
- Generate budgets and update them in collaboration with Project Director
- Create regular financial projections in collaboration with Project Director
- Create financial reports detailing expenses for foundations and major funders
- Assist in developing procedures and policies to improve accounts management
- Perform simple to moderately complex operations in financial accounting
- Database management using Filemaker Pro
- Accurate record keeping and maintenance of filing and backup systems
- Other financial or administrative tasks as required
- Assist with drafting and submitting LOIs, funding proposals and online applications, collaborating with staff as needed. Draft funder-specific budgets for individual proposals. Identify and gather required administrative paperwork (501c3 and IRS Determination letter, Audits/990, etc.) for proposals and file copies of sent materials
Skills, Education and Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- High-level skills in QuickBooks Advanced
- High-level skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word
- High-level skills in Google applications, especially Calendar, Sheets and Docs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with a high level of professionalism, integrity and discretion
- Ability to multi-task and establish work priorities in a time-sensitive environment with a positive and collaborative working attitude
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with Bookkeeper in the subject line.
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.