volume 31 no 4
Just a few days after the US elections it’s already clear that difficult times lie ahead. The multiple reports of hate and bigotry coming in from across this nation have made the prospect of the next four years under a Donald Trump presidency seem nightmarish to many. The future of our lands and waters too, is in grave peril. There’s no escaping the fact that under a climate change denying president and a right-wing GOP, many of the environmental protections we have fought so hard for over decades might get rolled back. At immediate …more
- Nations Rising
- Across North America Indigenous people are pushing for a renewable energy future.
- At the Sharp End
- South Africa’s private game reserves, which have played an important role in rhino conservation, are now finding their charges a liability.
- The Green Rush
- Humboldt County has a new extractive industry.
- Feedback: Letters and Emails
- Talking Points: Local News from All Over
- Digging Deeper: Good Food Rising
- Earth Island Reports: Connecting Kids with Nature
- KIDS for the BAY
- Earth Island Reports: If You Build It, They Will Come: Bringing Steelhead Back to the Central Coast
- South Coast Habitat Restoration
- Stories: Bush Beat
- An unarmed anti-poaching unit is shaking up South Africa’s war on wildlife crime.
- Stories: Forest Guardians
- On one of the Philippines’ most densely-forested islands, a small team of dedicated park staff struggle to fend off illegal loggers and miners.
- 1,000 Words: Remediation Art
- John Sabraw
- Conversation: Cheap Food is a Myth
- Alice Waters
- In Review: A Call to Keep the Faith
- Finding Purpose: Environmental Stewardship as a Personal Calling
Andrew J. Hoffman
Greenleaf Publishing, 2016, 174 pages
- In Review: Paths Forged by Man and Beast
- On Trails: An Exploration
By Robert Moor
Simon & Schuster, 2016, 352 pages
- Voices: Reframing the Climate Narrative