volume 22 no. 2
Ten years ago this June, I moved to San Francisco. I came here for a job (OK – an internship) at The San Francisco Bay Guardian, the city’s oldest alternative weekly. It was an exciting opportunity for an aspiring reporter, a chance to practice the craft of journalism, or, as the case may be with the Guardian, advocacy journalism.
Advocacy journalism works just like the reporting you find in your daily newspaper. Reporters go out into the world, gather facts, conduct interviews, uncover tidbits of information, and then return to their desks and …more
- Around the World: Local News from All Over
- Earth Island News: Earth Island Project Reports
- Earth Island News: International Marine Mammal Project
- Spreading the news
- World Reports: Everyone has a story
- Martha Davis
- Earth Island News: Safe Food and Fertilizer
- Earth Island News: UniversitÁrea Protegida (UÁP)
- Earth Island News: Brower Youth Awards
- Earth Island News: The Fiji Organic Project
- World Reports: Stone’s Throw
- World Reports: Restoring Salmon Nation
- Demolishing dams on the Klamath River
- World Reports: What’s Killing Our Pets?
- The government is failing to adequately inspect the ingredients in pet food.
- World Reports: Si Se Puede
- Latino organizations focus on the environment.
- In Review: Green Green Water
- Emergence Pictures, 2006