- Out of Sight
Special Report: The toxic footprint of America’s prisons
By Candice Bernd, Zoe Loftus-Farren, and Maureen Nandini Mitra
- Crisis Among the Palms
Is your retirement fund driving deforestation?
By Jeff Conant
- Kenya’s Energy Quandary
Kenya’s geothermal power development blitz shows that renewable energy isn’t always sustainable.
By Rob Thornett
How nature restoration programs in Oregon’s prisons are helping inmates find a new purpose in life.
By Nancy Hill
Myanmar is being battered by the worst impacts of global warming. Does it have the capacity to adapt?
By Kendra Pierre Louis
Holding NAFTA negotiators accountable for policies that truly benefit working people and the planet.
By Aaron Lehmer-Chang
Earth Island Updates
- UC Berkeley Interns Grow As Environmental Educators and Leaders
- Wildfire Science Briefing to U.S. Congressional Offices a Success
- Drew Harwell // Listening with Deer Ears for the Song-Sparrow Song, Mentoring the Next Generation through Nature
- Tell Congress to SUPPORT a US Shark Fin Trade Ban
- Let Us Cook You Dinner!
- Join Us for an Educational Lunch in the Food Shift Kitchen!
- KILLING GAMES ~ Wildlife In The Crosshairs Has Entered the Film Festival Circuit
- Conservation Groups Sue Over Wildlife-Killing Program in California
- Great Transitions roundtable on Global Capitalism
- Lawsuit Filed Against Federal Wildlife-killing Program in California
- Becky Weed Ranching with Wildlife
- Swim For Borneo Sharks
- Shark Stewards on Sharks at the United Nations
- New research: building planned dams will significantly and irreversibly damage the environment
- Groups Seek Immediate Ban on Use of M-44 ‘Cyanide Bombs’ in Wyoming
- Oxfam’s Extreme Carbon Inequality report
Four issues for just $15/year.
- > Northernmost Population of Italian Wall Lizards in North America Discovered in Boston
- > The US Is Unprepared to Clean Up Arctic Oil Spill
- > Advocates Plan Solar Installations Along Keystone XL Route
- > Putting the Climate Necessity Defense in Front of Juries
- > Surprising Stories of Climate Activists