- Casualties of War
Is radioactive waste from the World War II era killing people in St. Louis?.
By Lori Freshwater
- Living in Limbo
Five years after the Fukushima meltdown, Japan’s nuclear energy program is still being met with resistance.
By Winifred Bird
- Repurposing Rocky Flats
The transformation of a heavily polluted nuclear site into a wilderness refuge raises questions about the implications of hiding our tainted environmental past.
By Eric Freedman
- Rhea Suh
- The president of Natural Resources Defence Council explains why it is dangerous to look at diversity in a vacuum.
> Read more
- Susan Kamprath
- Earth Island’s Director of Project Support talks about what has been taking her to Marin County every Saturday for more than 20 years.
> Read more
- Gemma Bulos
- Global Women’s Water Initiative executive director discusses the importance of engaging and training women as leaders in social enterprises.
> Read more
Does it make sense to cull one protected species to help save another?
By Jim Yuskavitch
What the wasting disease afflicting sea stars tells us about our oceans.
By Eric Wagner
An artist’s quest to understand the relationship between humans, water, and land that sustains us
Earth Island Updates
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Challenge to California Shark Fin Ban
- Endangered Species and Endangered Science
- Farmer suicides soar in India as deadly heatwave hits 51 degrees Celsius
- You’re invited to the Alameda Kitchen Launch and Benefit Party!
- California county cuts tie with Wildlife Services over predator killing
- Creating Burrowing Owl Habitat - Cub Scouts join the conservation effort
- Food Shift VISTA Testimonials
- KIDS for the BAY’s Spring 2016 E-newsletter Now Available!
- We’re hiring two full-time positions!
- Job Opportunity: Fundraising and Grants Coordinator
- Job Opportunity: Communications and Outreach Coordinator
- The best graph of the warming, as it approaches 1.5C
- Shark Stewards Opposes USCG Exemption to Dump in National Marine Sanctuaries
- Action Alert: Speak Out for Grizzly Bears
- Saving Burrowing Owls and Habitat - 8 years and counting
- Penan request moratorium on logging to save last remaining islands of primary forest for Upper Baram Park
- Event: Waste Not, Want Not: a Deep Dive Into Food Waste
- Spring Shark News
Four issues for just $10/year.
- > Flame Retardant Exposure Poses A Significant Health Risk to Women
- > Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Holds Unique Potential for Bolivia and Paraguay
- > The Real Threat to Europe’s Last Primeval Forest: Bark Beetles or Undemocratic Politicians?
- > Environmentalists, First Nations Vow Summer of Action Against Trans Mountain Pipeline
- > Land as Canvas