- Hounding the Hunters
Animal rights activists are employing a new set of tactics to thwart hunters from taking down big game.
By Beckie Elgin
- Teflon’s Toxic Legacy
For more than half a century DuPont hid information that a chemical it was using to make Teflon might be killing people.
By Sharon Kelly
- More Than Words
The race to save a Native American dialect that’s down to a handful of speakers reveals we stand to lose when a language dies.
By Jeremy Miller
- Aaron Mair
- Sierra Club’s first African American president talks about making the US environmental movement more inclusive.
> Read more
- Kate Weiner
- The 2015 Brower Youth Award winner looks beyond mainstream perceptions of what makes an environmentalist.
> Read more
- Esperanza Pallana
- Oakland Food Policy Council director explores ways to move past the deeply-rooted biases in our current food system.
> Read more
Will Paris be a success or a failure? It will be both.
By Tom Athanasiou
Scientists and crop breeders are racing to identify the wild ancestors of domesticated plants.
By Bill Giebler
Journal columnist Anna Lappé explains why agroecology is the key to feeding the future.
Earth Island Updates
- Social Innovation Event to Discuss Solutions to Hunger & Poverty
- No Coal in Oakland: All Hands on Deck!
- Bold Steps Forward
- TEDxMarin Event & AOO is Hiring
- We are seeking a Council Director!
- Dana Frasz to speak at the 36th Annual EcoFarms Conference
- Book Release Celebration for Brown is the New White by Steve Phillips
- Migrant Rights in a Hostile Climate: From Border Wars to Ecological Justice
- Plan Downtown Oakland Presentation & Open House
- Growing and Selling Food is a Right
- January Member of the Month: Becky Chung
- Shark Stewards and Partners Urge Malaysia to Ban Shark and Ray Fishing
- Get Your Food Shift Tote Bag Today!
- AC Transit Seeks Input on Proposed Transbay Changes
- Don’t Let Bundy and his Seditious Militia Convince Lawmakers to Give Away our Public Lands!
- Reflecting on Holiday Abundance
- Hope for our Ocean & Waterways in 2016
- PRESS RELEASE: Borneo natives claim stolen assets from Australian University
- Giving Back to Sharks and Ocean Health in 2016
Four issues for just $10/year.
- > Thai Officials to Rescue 147 Tigers from Monastery After Investigations Reveal Trafficking
- > Grain by Grain, Truck by Truck: How Myanmar Is Losing its Beaches
- > Five Big Cats Rescued from Thailand's Tiger Temple
- > ‘I Consider Myself to Be a Fossil Fuel Abolitionist’
- > The Fight to Legalize Ferrets in California