The Worst Environment Money Can Buy
A special report on the environmental pollutant
called money in politics
America is under assault from a deadly, insidious, and persistent pollutant. This pernicious contaminant threatens our health, safety, and way of life. Its noxious emissions are rising fast, fouling every corner of our nation. It attacks our brains, distorting rational thinking and decision-making. It poisons the air of civilized discourse. It has made it all but impossible to achieve meaningful progress on climate change, chemical policy, and a long list of other environmental issues confronting our country and our planet.
I’m talking, of course, about the influence of money on American democracy. … more …
- Money to Burn
- Oil and Gas Interests are Spending Big to Keep their Allies in Office.
- Cash for Trash
- The Country’s Largest Garbage Company is Lobbying to Repeal state Laws that Boost Composting.
- Shut Up Money
- Big Ag is Pushing Laws to Silence its Critics.
- Citizens United Against Citizens United
- A Movement Is Building to Amend the Constitution.
- We’ve Been Here Before
- American History Offers a Hopeful Lesson in Checking Corporate Power.