ALERT connects oil and public health, making healthy people and healthy communities part of our energy future. We give people the skills and training to deal with health effects from extreme oil activities and empower people to have a voice in what happens in their communities. Your contribution means funding for programs such as:
- Creating and sharing user-friendly educational material and resources about environmental health and disease for the general public, with a focus on chemical illnesses from exposure to oil and gas activities
- Training local trainers with nonprofit organizations to share and build on this material, to address their community’s concerns and needs
- Developing and conducting public health surveys as tools to increase public awareness about the connectivity between community and environmental health issues
- Raising funds to test and treat at least two people from Gulf Coast communities at a licensed medical clinic, as a Demonstration Project to show proper diagnosis and treatment for chemical illnesses
- Building coalitions to integrate meaningful citizen involvement in the national oil disaster planning and response system, to strengthen oil spill prevention and response policies and local governance, and to include protection for response workers and the public health
ALERT Project from Global Access Media on Vimeo.
Support this project!
Director: Riki Ott
PO Box 2195,
Vashon Island, Washington
contact by email