In 2012, CSE hosted two Open World delegations from Kazakhstan and Ukraine. In 2011, CSE hosted four Open World delegations from Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Russia, including from Siberia's Lake Baikal.
- June 2-10, 2012
Ecotourism and Environmental Education Delegation From Ukraine
- March 2-10, 2012
Building Sustainable Cities Delegation From Kazakhstan
- June 22, 12 - 1:30pm
Climate Change and Human Impacts on Siberian Forests and River Flows
Brownbag Lunch Presentation by Tamara Burenina, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Feb 26-March 6, 2011
Exchanging methods to prepare for potential oil spills in the San Francisco Bay and Kazakhstan's Caspian Sea
- March 31-April 10, 2011
Siberia’s Lake Baikal Delegation
Working to develop ecotourism on the planet's oldest and largest freshwater lake which holds 20% of the world's freshwater!
- April 5th at 12 pm
Siberia’s Lake Baikal Event: a Nature Lover’s Paradise. Presentation and Slide Show.
- April 8th at 8am and April 9th at 9am
A Quarter Century of Chernobyl Events: KPFA Interviews 3 Russian Anti-Nuclear Activists on Chernobyl
- April 8, 4-6 pm
A Quarter Century of Chernobyl Events: San Francisco State University presentation
Russian activists and Andrew Lichterman from Western States Legal Foundation will speak about nuclear issues.
- April 10th, 4 pm
A Quarter Century of Chernobyl Event: Nuclear Presentation and Chernobyl4Ever Film Premiere
Event moderated by Joanna Macy
- April 12th, 6-9 pm
A Quarter Century of Chernobyl Events: Presentation and James Lerager photo exhibit
- May 14-22, 2011
Developing Ecotourism in Central Asia's 98% Mountainous Tajikistan
Links to our Environmental Partners
- Bellona Foundation, Oslo, Norway – Founded as an independent ideal organisation in 1986. The Foundation is a science based environmental organisation whose main objective is to combat problems of environmental degradation, pollution-induced dangers to human health and the ecological impacts of economic development strategies.
- Beyond Nuclear - Beyond Nuclear aims to educate and activate the public about the connections between nuclear power and nuclear weapons and the need to abandon both to safeguard our future.
- Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League, North Carolina, USA – A regional, community-based, non-profit environmental organization. Our founding principles are earth stewardship, environmental democracy, social justice, and community empowerment.
- Citizen Center for Nuclear Non-Proliferation, Krasnoyarsk, Russia – Informing the public and regional leaders on dangers of nuclear proliferation, radioactive waste and reprocessing of irradiated nuclear fuel
- Climate Solutions – CLIMATE SOLUTIONS MISSION is to stop global warming at the earliest point possible. Our regional organizing approach – focusing on making the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia a world leader in practical and profitable solutions to global warming – is helping to transform the global warming debate in the region and lay the groundwork for a successful, multi-stakeholder climate action agenda.
- Earth Island Institute, Berkeley, USA – Earth Island Institute develops and supports projects that counteract threats to the biological and cultural diversity that sustain the environment. Through education and activism, these projects promote the conservation, preservation and restoration of the Earth.
- Green World St. Petersburg and Sosnoviy Bor, Russia – Working for the nuclear free and environmentally healthy Baltic Region
- Institute for Energy and Environmental Research – The Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (IEER) is dedicated to increasing public involvement in and control over environmental problems through the democratization of science
- Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia – Established on May 31, 1946 to solve scientific and engineering problems of nuclear powe development. The site includes: a page on each NPP with data on each reactor; map; reactor types; a page on International Science and Technology Center in Moscow promoting the non-proliferation of nuclear weapon technology.
- Nuclear Control Institute, Washington, DC, USA – Nuclear Non-Proliferation: Unless we stop the process, there will soon be more atom-bomb material in civilian nuclear energy programs than now exists in nuclear arsenals.
- Nuclear Free Future Award – In the spirit of the World Uranium Hearing, the Nuclear-Free Future Award breaks the conspiracy of disinformation which silences discussion and controls countless human fates and threatens all coming generations.The Nuclear-Free Future Award is given annually to honor those who are struggling to make the world livable for the coming generations.
- Nuclear Information and Resources Service – NIRS/WISE is the information and networking center for citizens and environmental organizations concerned about nuclear power, radioactive waste, radiation, and sustainable energy issues.
- Tri-Valley Cares - monitoring Livermore Lab. TVC works to strengthen global security by stopping the development of new nuclear weapons in the US and promoting the elimination of nuclear weapons globally.
- UC Berkeley Nuclear Monitoring: monitoring of food, milk, water, air in Berkeley that could be associated with the release of radioactive materials in Japan.
- World Information Service on Energy, Amsterdam, Netherlands – We're small. We're powerful. We're anti-nuclear. We are grass-root oriented. And we are proud of what we have achieved. We publish 20 times a year a highly valued environmental newscommunique.
- Kahl Consultants – Our internet consultant and webmaster Kahl Consultants is a solar powered certified Bay Area Green Business and Marin County Sustainable Partner. They offer a full spectrum of web services for small business and nonprofits from hosting to design and maintenance to ecommerce and search engine marketing.
- CSE Brochure – Click here to download the CSE Brochure
- Earth Island Journal – Clean Energy for Crimea by Rhys Roth
- Earth Island Journal - Siberia: the Next Costa Rica by CSE Program Manager, Melissa Prager
- Earth Island Journal- Russian, American Nuclear Goups Discuss Decommissioning by CSE Director, Enid Schreibman
- CSE Blog -Follow CSE Program Manager, Melissa Prager's blog about CSE exchanges in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Siberia